JOB TITLE: Relief Counselor (Per Diem)
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High School diploma and work experience with emotionally disturbed/conduct disordered preferred, but will train. Must have a valid NYS Driver’s License and a driving record acceptable to the TSA Automotive Vehicle Program. Computer experience desirable.
PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to function as a team member. Ability to make effective use of supervision. Must be sensitive to the treatment needs of clients and their families. Must subscribe to strict standards of professional ethics, and demonstrate ability to structure and nurture in compatible ways.
SCOPE: Implement and manage the daily operations of the program. Manage group behavior as assigned. The Relief Counselor reports directly to the Program Supervisor and is supervised jointly by the Program Director and the Program Supervisor.
- Supervise all group home residents during work hours, including overnights.
- Contribute to a safe and supportive therapeutic environment.
- Utilize techniques of therapeutic crisis intervention (incl. physical restraint) as needed.
- Participate in any and all activities designed by staff as a team.
- Adhere to and implement all structural program expectations including house rules and daily routines.
- Function as positive role model for resident.
- Communicate effectively with clients, co-workers, and collateral agency personnel.
- Strive for personal and professional growth.
- Documents any and all significant events and fulfill all general record keeping responsibilities (e.g., progress notes, incident reports, resident log and staff logs, UCR’s, etc.).
- Performs certain aspects of maintenance of the house, which may include housekeeping, heavy lifting and other physical exertion as required.
- Any other job related duties as assigned by Program Director and Program Supervisor.
- Positions are Part-Time Per Diem but could lead to Full-Time